Perfect Polenta Porridge [gf]
||Tinned Coconut Milk
||Salted Butter – For Polenta
||Bosc Brown Pear (Unpeeled and sliced into 6 slices)
||Salted Butter – For Sauce
||Pomegranate Molasses Sauce
||Yoghurt (your choice)
||Fresh Coriander Leaves
||Nuts & Stuff
||2 Serves (serve warm!)
|Preparation & Cooking
Method - Topping (Pre-cooking Preparation)
- To prepare the sauce, lightly melt butter in a small fry pan on medium heat.
- Add pomegranate molasses sauce and cinnamon to the pan.
- Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Place sliced pears evenly on the pan and simmer for a few minutes. Cook on both sides just until the fruit starts to soften.
- Set aside and keep warm until polenta is cooked and ready to serve.
Method - Polenta
- Combine both coconut milk and water in a large saucepan. Bring ingredients to a boil on high heat.
- Reduce flame to medium heat.
- Gradually add polenta and butter to the saucepan, combine and stir continuously for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and continue stirring for a further 5 minutes until ingredients are cooked.
Serving – Work quickly!
- Serve the polenta equally into two large flat bowls. Spread evenly using the back of a spatula.
- Add 2 tablespoons of yoghurt in dollops at the centre of each bowl. Add portions of cooked pears over the yoghurt.
- Now sprinkle Nuts & Stuff generously over each bowl.
- Drizzle the remaining warm sauce from pan on each of the bowls.
- Finally, add a few beautiful leaves of coriander for a very special finish to the dish.
Although polenta may appear to be cooked before the time shown above, it is recommended that all steps are followed for the best results.
With a dollop of butter and a splash of coconut milk, we recommend that you serve this delicious porridge piping hot on a beautiful winter’s day!